Household Document Shredding Drop-off Service
Laguna Woods residents are able to schedule appointments to drop-off personal documents at City Hall for shredding. There is no charge for doing so. Please note that this is a drop-off service; documents are not shredded on-site. Documents are stored in locked containers until shredded by a National Association for Information Destruction® AAA certified company at a separate facility.
- Proof of Laguna Woods residency is required for free document shredding.
- Please bring no more than the equivalent of three 13-gallon kitchen trash bags of documents per appointment.
- For security, you will be required to feed your documents through a small opening in a locked container. Please allow an appropriate amount of time to do so.
- Please remove binders, hanging file folders, and large binder clips prior to your appointment. Manila folders with metal prongs, paper clips, rubber bands, and staples are okay.
- Please do not bring newspapers or magazines unless they contain personal information.
- X-rays, CDs, cassettes, flash drives, discs, and batteries are not accepted.
Click here to access the program flyer.
For more information, please call City Hall at (949) 639-0500.
** To see all currently available appointments, click on the arrow located to the right of the month/year in the calendar below. **
Schedule Household Document Shredding